Graham’s and Symington Family Estates are very pleased to announce the re-launch of The Vintage Port Site.
As owners and makers of Graham’s as well as many more of the world’s most admired Port brands, and with a family history in the Port trade going back 14 generations, the Symington family possess a collection of source material and knowledge about Port which is unique in the trade.
According to Paul Symington, Chairman and Joint Managing Director, “With this site, we can now share the stories, the details and our passion for superb Vintage Ports with the novice and expert alike.”
The heart of the site is our Knowledge Base. In this archive, users can now search for more information about every Vintage Port we have declared or bottled since 1945 and the harvest conditions in which the wines were made. The tasting notes, gathered together from in-house tastings as well as international wine critics over the lifetime of the wines, provide a unique opportunity to understand how Vintage Port ages and flavours mature over an extended period of time.
For years the ultimate resource for information on Vintage Port, the site has been completely updated and features:
- A fresh new look with simple, intuitive navigation
- Fresh reference content on Port Basics, such as History, Blending, Declaring a Vintage and more
- The articles about Viticulture in The Douro, written by Miles Edlmann, SFE’s Research Viticulturalist, remain the best introduction to the unique conditions and viticulture of the region
- A guide to Enjoying Port, including recommendations on how to buy, store, decant and serve your fine Vintage Ports
- Finally, if you still can’t find the answer to your question, Ask The Expert. We will respond to your query in two business days, on line. All questions and answers will be retained in a searchable archive.
The Vintage Port Site will be much more than a static reference site, however. Cynthia Jenson, the Graham’s blogger who has also been responsible for the re-design of the Vintage Port Site, will continue to expand the Knowledge Base, both back in time, and in the range of tasting notes for each wine. Readers will also enjoy a steady stream of News articles from Cynthia about our brands, quintas, historical and technical subjects, as well as news of the latest releases.